On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Keith Reinfeld
<keithreinf...@comcast.net>wrote:

> > I presume my removeEventListener works.
> You should be sure. So check it:
>
> trace(e.currentTarget.hasEventListener(Event.COMPLETE)); //true
> e.currentTarget.removeEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, loaded);
> trace(e.currentTarget.hasEventListener(Event.COMPLETE)); //false

Thanks. Traced true.

> > So, how do I pass new values to fn loaded?
> Just increment the vars.
> // Cascade layout
> displayObject.x = myX + 31;
> displayObject.y = myY + 31;
> myX += 20;
> myY += 20;

How is that? I'm not iterating over that function, I call it as needed, so
myX, myY would be reset every time.

> Have you considered putting your url strings into an array instead of using
> that awkward switch statement?

This worked. Thanks:

public function thePic(x:int,
   y:int)
{
var paths:Array = new Array("images/bracelet.jpg",
"images/brooch.jpg",
"images/chain.jpg",
"images/earring.jpg",
"images/necklace.jpg",
"images/ring.jpg");
var path:String = new String();
path = paths[counter];
var req:URLRequest = new URLRequest(path);
var loaderArray:Array = new Array();
loaderArray[counter] = new Loader();
loaderArray[counter].load(req);
loaderArray[counter].contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,loaded);
}

I would also recommend writing a function that creates and returns
> BevelFilter. Set 'myBevel' once (rather than running through the code
> repeatedly) then apply it where appropriate.
> var myBevel:BevelFilter = createBevel();
> function createBevel():BevelFilter{
>        var bf:BevelFilter = new BevelFilter();
>        bf.type = BitmapFilterType.OUTER;
>        bf.distance = 10;
>        bf.highlightColor = 0xFF0000;
>        bf.shadowColor = 0xFFFF00;
>        bf.blurX = 20;
>        bf.blurY = 20;
>        return bf;
> }
>
> Thanks.

> // apply Bevel filter
> displayObject.filters = [myBevel];

No:
displayObject.filters = [createBevel()];

TIA,
Susan