From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Mark Winterhalder
[mar...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 8:45 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] @#$% New iPhone Developer Agreement Bans the Use of
Adobe’s Flash-to-iPhone Compiler

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Carl Welch <carlwelchdes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://daringfireball.net/2010/04/iphone_agreement_bans_flash_compiler
>
> I can't even explain how frustrated I am about apple. I just feel that Mr
> Job's is just giving the finger to so many people that have supported and
> promoted his company since day one. ugh.

Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe it.

My theory is that it's about vendor lock-in. Cross platform
development offers a way around it -- if the exact same apps you payed
for and, maybe more importantly, got used to, are available for
Android, then you can switch away from iPhone OS.

Mobile devices always are a compromise. You weight CPU performance
against battery life, make a decision about screen size, and so on.
Apple has a two-sizes-fit-all product line, while a number of
manufacturers produce a growing variety of Android devices.