I can get waveforms... but say "a" takes 1 second to speak. I get different
waveforms over that 1 second... so I'm not matching against a single
waveform, but many waveforms in succession. This seems like a tricky thing
to match against.

What might be a good approach to matching values over a certain amount of
time? Is AS3 fast enough to sync quick enough? I imagine it would need to
check for all vowels every frame matching values in waveforms over a certain
amount of time.

Eric