On 2010-08-03  , at 06:07 , Patrick Matte wrote:
> Maybe check this http://blog.inspirit.ru/?p=405

Hey Patrick, thanks for the link (to Eugene Zatepyakin's "Fast Fourier
Transform for Flash"). It looks like an interesting implementation, but it uses
Alchemy. I've been reading up more on Alchemy, and according to Adobe it's
pre-release, and they advise that it "not be used to generate code for use in
production". In any case, the Alchemy APIs make passing arbitrary data to/from
the FFT a bit clunky, e.g. passing a Vector of Numbers requires conversion to a
ByteArray first.

For what it's worth, I've posted my pure-AS3 FFT implementation here:
http://gerrybeauregard.wordpress.com/