On 2011-07-19  , at 18:07 , Leandro Ferreira wrote:

> Have you tried Alchemy?
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/alchemy/
>
> *
> *
> *   @leandroferreira*
> *   55 61 91151257*

Yes. Alchemy still runs on the ActionScript Virtual Machine, though, so it's
not particularly fast. Nowhere near as fast as compiled C++ code.

Alchemy has some other issues too. Passing large amounts of data between AS3
and Alchemy code is pretty slow. As far as I can tell, there's no way to pass a
Vector<Number>, and passing via ByteArrays is really slow - the reading and
writing of the ByteArray is slow enough to obviate any gain you get from using
Alchemy as opposed to AS3.  Alchemy also seems to still be a research project
within Adobe Labs, not really a fully-supported official product, so I'm
reluctant to use it for commercial code.

-Gerry