On 08/02/2012 22:44, Peter Ginneberge wrote:
Cos then you're not really debugging.
In order to get trace output you'd have to start a Remote Debug Session.

So instead of just doing "CTRL+Enter" you'd have to:

- Publish (ALT+SHIFT+F12)
- start Remote Debug Session (no shortcut)
- switch to browser and hit F5

It's certainly doable, but a real PITA if you're doing extensive testing/debugging.

It's not so bad. A lot of my stuff won't work any other way.

Might be easier switching to Flash Builder..

I just tested hooking up FlashBuilder to an fla and can debug in FP 11 :)

In FB:
   File > New Flash Professional Project.
   Point to the target Flash .fla file

In the Flash Builder preferences, under FlashBuilder -> Debug, specify the path to the Standalone Debug player to be used for debugging. In my case that is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\player\win\11.1\FlashPlayerDebugger.exe

I also had to add the playerglobal.swc to to project's classpath.
Once that's done, you're all set.. hit CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER and off you go.

Same fla as previous post now has this output (in Flash IDE):

Attempting to launch and connect to Player using URL C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\fp-test.swf
[SWF] C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\fp-test.swf - 2247 bytes after decompression
WIN 11,1,102,55

regards,
Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Foster" <cfos...@catalystinteractive.com.au>