Because they didn't start it. They just bought it.
Flash is not personal to them, it's just a number, that is loosing.
IMO

Business is business, personal is personal.
If it don't make dollars then it don't make sense!! Right!?!

If I had anything to say about the future of flash, it would be, sell it back to Macromedia if you can't fill the position. I am sure those guys would make it WAY better then HTML 5 and it would work better then it ever did. Including no need for AIR.

They'd probably create something like FLAIR. lol

Rant done.
Thank you for your time.