i've done stuff with my own informal model, view and controller separation.
i've done things with pureMVC and now i've done a couple of things with
robotlegs. i much prefer robotlegs, it's made me think of a lot of things
differently, has reduced the size of my classes and i think enforces a
better separation of the different tasks in your application which helps
with code re-use.