Different frameworks have different tweaks to the conventions. It's usually
best to have a specific framework in mind when working on this.

Eg. We do things differently in RubyonRails to RobotLegs. I've worked with
Django in the past as well. It has hard blockers to keep logic getting into
the views which occasionally make things incredibly difficult, whereas
Rails doesn't force you as much. Django also calls controllers views and
views templates, in case you're confused when reading their doco.

The best thing is to go with a framework that has the developer culture and
features that you like and then work with their way of doing things. It's
particularly important to follow framework conventions as it makes upgrades
much easier.