I'm on my first "serious" project using js.

Some of it is pretty neat and simple and all the AS3 knowledge makes
grabbing and treating elements (for animation and what not) very easy. I
would definitely recommend using jQuery, and I am using jQuery Transit for
some animations. However some of it baffles me, mainly stuff with CSS and
positioning elements (which I thought I was OK with) and has added a lot of
un-chargeable time. But in the long run I'm sure we will all adjust. I'd
really like to learn to approach javascript from a class-based approach, so
I must check out some of the links posted on this thread.

Good luck to all making the transition!

David

David Hunter

www.davidhunterdesign.com