There are some things that are quite nice about JS, but it can be hard to get used to closures over classes, and that kind of thing.

If you are looking for library suggestions, I loved Backbone.js, but Flex folks seem to prefer Angular.js. QUnit is actually a lot of fun too (I haven't found another Unit testing framework on other platforms that I like quite as much).

One more unsolicited suggestion - add "use strict"; inside your JS files (inside a closure). This turns on some compiler like functionality in JS consoles, to cache typos and things like that, which normally fail silently. Also, you can enable stack traces in FireBug, if you are developing in Firefox (took me a while to find that).

Good luck!

Kevin N.