I would really consider saying no to that request, and suggesting a rebuild
that uses modern web standards. There are a lot of web optimizations that I
would almost guarantee an export wouldn't consider... You'd definitely want
to be lazy loading a lot of those assets so the preloading is reasonable.
Ultimately, do you want to be refactoring and fixing AS3 code that Adobe
will hopefully support in the future, or dealing with loads of Javascript.
It's a tough choice :/

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM, John R. Sweeney Jr. <jr.swee...@comcast.net
> wrote:

> Has anyone played with this? Everything I’ve read, timeline animations can
> get converted and simple code. I have a 5 frame app that has 50 layers,
> 1000+ library elements and thousands of lines of code that the client now
> wants to go online for all platforms. What a surprise. ;)
>
> I’ll look into the latest update more closely, but was just wondering of
> things like Google Swiffy had gotten better or something else had come
> along. I’ll glad do the research, just wonder if anyone could point me in a
> direction.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> John R. Sweeney Jr.
> Senior Interactive Multimedia Developer
> OnDemand Interactive Inc
> Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
>

> On Jun 19, 2014, at 3:19 PM, Merrill, Jason <
> jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
>
> > New version of Flash just came out that claims to export to HTML5 Canvas
> and do Actionscript to Javascript translations. Worth checking out?

James Merrill
toThePixel.com <http://www.toThePixel.com>