Incoming from [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> "s. keeling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Incoming from [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > >
> > > I am trying to restore a whole folder using flexbackup 1.1.7 I am using
> > > the
> > > command flexbackup -restore <path to folder> but whenever I do this I get
> > > the
> > > following error message -
> > >
> > > flexbackup version 1.1.7 (http://flexbackup.sourceforge.net)
> > > /etc/flexbackup.conf syntax OK
> > >
> > > |------------------------------------------------------------
> > > |------------------------------------------------------------
> > > |------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Ummm... just copy your files, you have the whole tree... at
> > > /usr/bin/flexbackup line 1988.
> > >
> > > What does this mean I am doing worng?
> >
> > Just a guess, but I believe it's saying you didn't compress the
> > backup, and the files are still in their original format (as opposed
> > to being stuffed into a tar or afio archive), so you should just "cp"
> > them back into place:
>
> Thanks for your reply, I forgot to say the backups are on a tape, any idea?

Then you should be able to get at them with tar:

   cd /tmp
   tar xf /dev/tape /directory/you/wish/to/restore

Change "/dev/tape" to whatever you call your tape drive.  This should
write it all to /tmp.  You might need to lose the leading "/" on the
name of the stuff you're pulling out:

   tar xf /dev/tape directory/you/wish/to/restore

Then, when you have it all, copy individual files:

   cp /tmp/blah/blah.txt /home/blah/blah.txt

or copy recursively with -R:

   cp -R /tmp/blah /home/blah

- -