I have to say that I am in a similar boat.

I work for an organization that spends a lot of money every year on
different applications.  Everything from spending roughly 250K on virtual
load / performance testing systems to spending over 1 Million a day on high
priced consultants to get a CRM up and running without it going down every
time you send an email out to a small portion of your eventual userbase,
asking them to attempt to login.

There are opensource versions of everything available - but to large
corporations the questions are usually the same; "What are the results of
the Dunn and Bradstreet vendor evaluations", "What level of support is
offered and what fixes will they provide to us", "What is the 5 year
projection for the product and the company" - just to name a few.

It is easy to make a knee jerk reaction, if the price goes up, and say that
you should start developing in XAML or Lazslo, but if you are trying to
create feature rich internet applications on a large scale - and you already
employ numerous Flash Designers, Java Developers and other misc.
developers - paying them on average 100K, you will start to see what I mean
here when I say that the initial investment in a server side product of this
nature is a drop in the bucket.  My thought is that very few people on this
list are actually making the purchasing decisions for their enterprise.

I try to look at Flex as a corporate initiative, instead of the right answer
for a small project.  Even if you are showing an ROI of over 5Mil a year -
there are always other projects that you can apply Flex to, that will make
the senior leadership team at your company smile.

I have said from the beginning that a Flex install should run my company
roughly 100K, and will not be afraid to tell my Managers that the price is
now 130-150.

Let's see what happens - and understand that for most of us the price change
will not affect us directly.  That is, of course, unless MM releases a Flex
Lite with a price tag closer to that of CF Server.

We shall see.

Jeff
http://www.flexauthority.com