I'll try to be more civil Steven...
so okay let try this ONE more time, as I know that I
posted the error that I am getting the first time...

" onFault Client.NotAllowed You are not allowed to
access the service
com.iterationtwo.boe.business.ApplicationDelegate.
The service is not in the configured whitelist."

I have tried to place an instance of this in every
flex-config.xml file that I can find, and have used,
<source>*</source> (even though I know about the
security) just to make it work to no avail...that is
why i posted the question in the first place...
I have enjoyed your book and learned quite alot from
it, so i cannot understand why this is not working out
of the box so to speak...just about everything else
has (with the exception of the chart thing - thank god
for grep and global replace)
Craig

--- Steven Webster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Craig,
>
> On page 576 of the book, the RemoteObject service is
> defined as an unnamed
> service (using the source="") tag,
> which I will presume to be what you have in yoru
> code.
>
> You have placed the service in your whitelist
> (double-check, I presume this
> is under the remote-objects node) as
> both an unnamed and named service, so you probably
> expect either
> named/unnamed services to both work.
>
> However, in your named service block you have
> <allow-unnamed-access>false</allow-unnamed-access>
>
> This means that even though you are (I imagine,
> unless you have changed the
> code from p 576) accessing
> the RemoteObject as an unnamed service, your
> flex-config is prohibiting that
> for this very service.
>
> Make sense ?
>
> If this isn't your issue, then perhaps you could
> post the error message you
> are receiving ... in
> gateway-config.xml you can turn on a little more
> debugging of events over
> the wire as well.  Your
> original email suggested that "...the book doesn't
> seem to explain or give
> examples for the whitelist..."
> which is why I pointed you in my last response to
> the appropriate sections
> in the book where the
> whitelist is explained, and examples given.  The
> more specific you can
> specify the problem you
> are having, and the error messages you are
> receiving, the more specific our
>
> I hope that the above helps you find the source of
> your problem.
>
> Kindest Regards,
>
> Steven
>

>    _____

<source>com.iterationtwo.boe.business.ApplicationDelegate</source>

<source>com.iterationtwo.boe.business.CreditCardDelegate</source>

<source>com.iterationtwo.boe.business.Responder</source>
>     <source>*</source>
>                 <!--
>                 For security, the whitelist is
> locked down by default.
>                 Uncomment the source element below
> to enable access to all
> classes,
>                 or add the individual URLs you wish
> to access.
>                 We strongly recommend not allowing
> access to all source
> files
>                 in production, since this exposes
> Java and Flex system
> classes.
>                 <source>*</source>
>                 -->
>             </unnamed>
>             <!-- whitelist config for named objects
> -->
>    <named>
>     <object name="ApplicationDelegate">

<source>com.iterationtwo.boe.business.ApplicationDelegate</source>
>     <type>stateless-class</type>
>
> <allow-unnamed-access>false</allow-unnamed-access>

<use-custom-authentication>false</use-custom-authentication>