From: Sid Maskit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] NaN and Infinity showing in output - How to
modify?

If the format function is a custom function you have written, you could just
have it check whether you like the result it is about to return, and if not,
return something else. If that is not the case, I believe that you should be
able to put tests into your binding statement.

You could test for NaN with something like this:

<mx:Label text="{(myNumber is NaN) ? 0 : PrepForDispl ay.format( myNumber)
}"/>

I'm not sure about infinity, but I assume that you can test for this by
looking for the greatest possible value of the number. Assuming that you
have set up the variable maxValue to contain that value, you should be able
to do something like this:

<mx:Label text="{(myNumber > maxValue) ? 0 : PrepForDispl ay.format(
myNumber) }"/>

If you put the two together, it would look something like this:

<mx:Label text="{(myNumber is NaN) ? 0 : (myNumber > maxValue) ? 0 :
PrepForDispl ay.format( myNumber) }"/>

Sid Maskit
Partner
CraftySpace