I'll be speaking on this topic at 360 Flex San Jose.  At the basic level,
you can embed or even encrypt secure information such as
usernames/passwords.  If you need a full blown authentication and encryption
system, I'd look into nitrolm.com.  This will be discussed at the 360
presentation along with some other non-commercial techniques you can use on
your own.

http://www.360conferences.com/360flex/2008/04/360flex-san-jose-schedule.html

-Andrew Westberg