I just went through installing/configuring JTA using JOTM(which was
not as straight forward as the docs say) with Tomcat.

The bummer is that I can't debug into the DataServiceTransaction
class... no source.

I guess I could try passing "false" to the begin method, but I should
be able to use JOTM.

BTW, thanks for your help on that other LCDS issue.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Vroom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you create a DataServiceTransaction, especially with "true" so
it needs to start a JTA transaction, it is look in the JNDI namespace
for the standard UserTransaction object i.e.  new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/UserTransaction").  That call is
not working...  if you are not in a JEE container or Tomcat with JOTM
installed that would explain it.    You can try passing "false" to
begin and that would avoid use of the JTA transaction manager.

> Jeff

On Behalf Of Geoffrey
> Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 1:31 PM
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [flexcoders] DataServiceException
>

> I'm trying to create a DataServiceTransaction to push an update out to
> my DataService clients. I'm getting the below error when it tries to
> create the DataServiceTransaction.
>
> flex.data.DataServiceException: Unable to access UserTransaction in
> DataService.
> at

flex.data.DataServiceTransaction.doBegin(DataServiceTransaction.java:855)