What version of LCDS was this written for?  I can't seem to resolve
"seq.getItemInfo()" with my 2.5.1 jars.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Vroom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, it should be calling any fill methods which are still actively
managed by clients in that "refreshFill" call - as long as you have
autoSync=true.  There are a couple of ways to track this down:

> 1)      Put in this printSeq.jsp file (enclosed below) and request
it.  It will show you all active fills, etc.  If that is empty,
somehow the client's fill is not auto-sync'd.

> 2)      If you turn on the Service.* debug target it should at least
indicate which fills it is trying to refresh.

> Jeff
>
> ----- printSeqs.jsp:
> <%@ page import="flex.data.SequenceManager" %>
> <%@ page import="flex.messaging.MessageBroker"%>
> <%@ page import="flex.data.DataService"%>
> <%@ page import="flex.data.DataDestination"%>
> <%@ page import="java.util.Map"%>
> <%@ page import="java.util.List"%>
> <%@ page import="java.util.Iterator"%>
> <code>
>
> <%
>      MessageBroker mb = MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null);
>
>      DataService ds = (DataService)
mb.getServiceByType("flex.data.DataService");
>      if (ds == null)
>         out.print("no data service");
>      else
>      {
>          Map dests = ds.getDestinations();
>
>          for (Iterator it = dests.entrySet().iterator(); it.hasNext(); )
>          {
>              Map.Entry ent = (Map.Entry) it.next();
>
>              String destName = (String) ent.getKey();
>
>              DataDestination dest = (DataDestination) ent.getValue();
>              SequenceManager seq = dest.getSequenceManager();
>
>              out.print("Destination: " + destName + "<br>");
>              out.print("<pre>SequenceInfo:");
>              out.print(seq.getSequenceInfo());

>              out.print(seq.getItemInfo());
>              out.print("</pre>");
>
>              out.print("<p>");
>          }
>       }
>
> %>
>
> done
> </code>

On Behalf Of Geoffrey
> Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:16 PM
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [flexcoders] Re: DataServiceException
>

> I pass false to my begin() method and that stops the
> DataServiceException from happening, but now nothing seems to happen
> after I commit(). Here's a current code snippet:
>
> DataServiceTransaction dst = DataServiceTransaction.begin(false);
> dst.refreshFill("myTasks", null);
> dst.commit();
>
> The destination parameter for refreshFill(), is that the same string
> as the parameter I pass to the DataService constructor in ActionScript
> and the name of the <destination> I set up in
data-management-config.xml?

flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Jeff