I use a Mac, however I¹m also coming from the graphic design / web
development side. I, a long time ago, was a diehard PC user. Actually I was
a technician, skilled in the art of fixing all things WinTel. Then one day,
kicking and screaming, I was introduced to the white computer with the
distinctive bitten apple logo. Reluctantly, over time, I came to the
understanding that I could actually get work accomplished without requiring
an A+ certificate, numerous Microsoft Certs or an on-call IT support team.
The damn thing just worked! Can you believe that? Amazing...

Actually, using the OSX operating system natively allows you to work with
files as they would appear in an Apache server. Being a Unix based OS
(closer relative, not distant cousin like Winx), you can do things that
would require extra software, patches, etc on Windows. Add in virtualization
and you can easily and efficiently run any OS in real time, switching at
will ­ and it doesn¹t break!

Sure Windows has it¹s place... As a virtual OS on my OSX desktop ;)

--
Blair