From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Brendan Meutzner
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 5:25 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Generating Random key

I'm sure someone will inevitably suggest a better method, but the
following would do the trick:

1) Create UID with UIDUtil.createUID()

2) Strip '-' symbols / Strip vowels

3) Truncate to 12 characters (if there weren't enough after stripping
vowels, just repeat steps 1 and 2 and append to current string and
truncate again)

4) reintroduce '-' where needed in pattern you indicated.

Brendan

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:19 PM, anuj181 <anuj...@gmail.com