Not at all :)

I just like functional programming style, and in my case I have a version of
times(n,f) in a util class. The version I posted above is actually no good
on AVM2 due to the lack of tail-calls. A longer but clearer, more flexible
(and iterative, hence stack-safe) version I actually use is in here:

http://pastie.textmate.org/353539

Generating 12 random letters is of course too simple a problem to really
apply these techniques sensibly, I'm just trying to illustrate a completely
different approach.

For example, using inline named functions can often make for more readable
asynchronous code, without worrying about weak references to handlers being
collected, or having to create class-level members or custom events just to
pass values between different steps in one process.

-Josh

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Like the cut of my jib? Check out my Flex blog!

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: j...@gfunk007.com
:: http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/
:: http://twitter.com/sophistifunk