--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Nate Beck" <n...@...> wrote:

> Hey list,
> I just wanted to ping everyone and get their opinion on something.
Why
> would anyone ever want to use the include directive?  I've recently
been
> working on poorly designed project where at the top of every module
there is
> an "include Header.as" statement that has 30 include statements
within it.
>  To give a datagrid additional functionality, you give it an
> id="myDataGrid", and the include statement takes care of the rest.
It's
> really bad.
>
> I just don't see a good use for the include statement anymore. In my
> opinion, it just promotes bad programming practices.
>
> I mean, can't everything be taken care of using OOP methodologies?
>  Thoughts?

IIRC, I've seen it in the Framework code to bring in all the style
declarations and their ASDOC comments for things that are bringing in
ProgrammaticSkin (I think...this was a couple months ago) to make it
easier to add in the styles that this component makes possible.  I
think this ensures uniformity in the style names.

HTH;

Amy