From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Osman Ullah
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:57 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] HTTPService vs URLRequest

Surprisingly, I am having a very difficult time finding any discussion on the
advantages of using HTTPService instead of URLRequest. I've always used
URLRequest to handle my web API calls. What are some of the benefits of using
the HTTPService instead? I like URLLoader because my network libraries aren't
dependant on flex, but I don't quite understand why Adobe makes very little
mention of URLLoader in their Flex documentation, and also doesn't have any
articles comparing HTTPService to URLLoader.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>