One good thing about URLLoader is that you can load binary data with it. HTTPService doesn't seem to allow this, though I could be wrong about that.

On 06/03/2009, at 2:56 AM, Osman Ullah wrote:

Surprisingly, I am having a very difficult time finding any discussion on the advantages of using HTTPService instead of URLRequest. I've always used URLRequest to handle my web API calls. What are some of the benefits of using the HTTPService instead? I like URLLoader because my network libraries aren't dependant on flex, but I don't quite understand why Adobe makes very little mention of URLLoader in their Flex documentation, and also doesn't have any articles comparing HTTPService to URLLoader.