I suppose if you Base64 encode it for transfer it would, but that adds
roughly 30% to size of the binary data being transferred.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Guy Morton
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:55 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] HTTPService vs URLRequest

One good thing about URLLoader is that you can load binary data with it.
HTTPService doesn't seem to allow this, though I could be wrong about
that.

On 06/03/2009, at 2:56 AM, Osman Ullah wrote:

Surprisingly, I am having a very difficult time finding any discussion
on the advantages of using HTTPService instead of URLRequest. I've
always used URLRequest to handle my web API calls. What are some of the
benefits of using the HTTPService instead? I like URLLoader because my
network libraries aren't dependant on flex, but I don't quite understand
why Adobe makes very little mention of URLLoader in their Flex
documentation, and also doesn't have any articles comparing HTTPService
to URLLoader.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender and remove it from your system.