There are a couple problems I have found with AMFPHP.

The first is an error that pops up intermittently. I can't remember it exactly
but have posted about it before. Suddenly it appears for no reason and you
can't get rid of it no matter what you do. Changing to Weborb fixed it for me
(And others).

Secondly, I don't believe AMFPHP is actively updated any more. The developer,
Wade Arnold, now works for Zend and is the lead developer for Zend_AMF.

HTH

Steve