From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Tim Rowe
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:59 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Value Objects

The use of 'VO's in Flex has always confused me, largely because as everyone
I've spoken to has explained it, all a 'Value' object is is just a Model
object - therefore WTF are they being referred to as 'VO's when 'Object' (or
Model object) would suffice. My understanding is that the Object
representation's deep structure references objects ByRef, but Transfer
Objects reference nonserializable/non-native objects by id.  That is, if you
have Dog { id:int; parent:Dog; } the TO becomes DogTO {id:int;
parentID:int;}

I'm still yet to have anyone explain it to me in a way which contradicts
this way of looking at things.

--Tim

  _____