At 03:49 PM 5/28/2009, you wrote:

>3.) Boiling everything down, the need is to manage DBase <--> View
>interactions. JSP/CF can assign properties to DB elements which
>Flex/AS can "map" to for increased efficiencies. Cost/Benefit of CF
>included, are JSP a more "programmically straightforward" option??

Being relatively new to Flex, I'm probably not qualified to answer
this question, but in my (admittedly limited) experience, I've found
CF to be the more "straightforward" approach, albeit the more
expensive one, when compared to JSP.

FlexBuilder just makes it so easy (especially with the CFEclipse
add-on) to work with your CF server-side stuff at the same time
you're coding in Flex.  And the CF-wizards that are included with
FlexBuilder are so easy to use -- only a few clicks to create the CF
VO to go with your Action-Script VO, with minimal changes needed in
the wizard-generated CF code to make it work.

I just find woking with CF to be a ton easier than working with JSP,
I guess is what I'm trying to say.  FlexBuilder was created by Adobe,
so they're probably biased towards CF, which is probably why working
with CF within FlexBuilder is easier out-of-the-box.  But it works well for me.

Just a newbie's $0.02 worth.

Laurence MacNeill
Mableton, Georgia, USA