Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Web based flex applications seem to take magnitudes longer to return a
> result
> than do Air based application. I've tried with HTTPService and URLLoader
> components and it is the same.
>
> I've created one small air application and one small web based flex app
> identical. Air app is almost instantaneous while the web page based app
> (Firefox) takes noticeably longer.
>
> My guess is that browser mechanics (security, etc) is the culprit.
>
> Any suggestions or comments?

I take this back.  My mistake and should have checked it before posting, but
the
truth is that Air applications run from the IDE are magnitudes faster that web
page based flex app run from the IDE.  When testing response times with the
COMPILED web based flex app OUTSIDE of the IDE, the difference was noticeable,
but negligent.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee