Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Web based flex applications seem to take magnitudes longer to return a
> result
> than do Air based application. I've tried with HTTPService and URLLoader
> components and it is the same.
>
> I've created one small air application and one small web based flex app
> identical. Air app is almost instantaneous while the web page based app
> (Firefox) takes noticeably longer.
>
> My guess is that browser mechanics (security, etc) is the culprit.

It always turns out to be the small things.  Turns out that using localhost in
the url of HTTPService (or URLLoader) was the problem with Firefox.  Replacing
localhost with my development computer's ip address removes the delay.

Judging from the status bar messages of Firefox when making a call using
localhost, Firefox is resolving localhost on every request, resulting in a
average (subjective) delay of 250 to 500ms before the request hits the server
(which I wrote and can debug/break point).  Changing the URL fed to HTTPService
to using the IP address resolves the problem.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee