From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Adnan Doric
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:25 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Guy Morton
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: With the latest eula agreement from Apple

On 14/04/2010 13:10, Guy Morton wrote:

Flipping this whole discussion on its head for a moment....

Adobe used to have the best SVG runtime player in the land. It was fast, had
good support for the SVG standard and it was stable.

Then Adobe bought Macromedia. They discontinued development and support for
their SVG player because now they had Flash!

Adobe could, I'm sure, alter their Flash development tools to output
SVG+Javascript. In fact, I'd be surprised if they hadn't already experimented
with this.

If Adobe was as smart as they think they are, they'd RIGHT NOW fast-track
SVG+Javascript export into Flex and Flash IDEs. This would let them become the
premier tool for developing iPhone apps, standards-based web vector animations
and would encourage adoption of open standards at such a rate that it'd hobble
Silverlight into the bargain!

Flash is here because standards sucks. When standards will be good enough,
flash will disappear, bunt won't happen anytime soon.

Of course that is just an idle dream, and instead they will keep pushing their
proprietary solution and wait for the killer open-standards IDE that will allow
developers to make full use of HTML 5 to pop up and change the market for them.
Then we will see Flash become a thing of the past.

eg check this out

http://demo.sproutcore.com/sample_controls/

Look familiar? Look ma! NO plugins, just HTML 5!

I don't know for others, but it reminds me of Flash 5 ten years old with extra
crossbrowser issues.
Let me think... hell no, don't want to go there :)

Maybe in few years HTML will be like flash 8, and few more years it will be
like flash 10. There will be flash 16 and AS4 by the time, another gap for HTML
to reach.

So, yeah, good luck with your HTML mate, I wish you good luck, really.

Vale Flash, you have been good to us, but your time is drawing to a close.
Steve Jobs has seen the future, and Flash ain't there.

Guy

The future where Apple dictates what you can install on your phone, what you
can see on the web, what music you can listen ?
Sound great, see you there :)