You can use the vScrollPolicy and hScrollPolicy to control which
contains have scroll bars on them and which do not.

However, you might find some strange behaviour when you want scroll
bars on a deeply nested component, however even with
vScrollPolicy="on" (for example) the scroll bars do not show.

If you add minHeight="1" along with vScrollPolicy="auto" to the
component that you want to have the scroll bars on then this makes
them appear when required.  Don't ask me why, it just works.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Niklas

On 29/09/05, Sreejith Unnikrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can someone help me with this problem.
>
> In the following sample, the scroll appears on the whole application.
> What is the correct/suggested way to avoid that. The scroll should be
> applied on the Panel and not the Application here.
>
> I tried many things such as appliying creationComplete, creationIndex
> and creationPolicy. This has not had good results.
> I had some success with createCompletion. But I really dont think that
> is a scalable solution!
>
> Any pointers would help.
>
> Regards
> Sree
>
> PS: In an earlier post, I had mentioned the same result in the Flex
> Style Explorer
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/flexcoders@yahoogroups.com/msg12582.html).
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
>     width="100%" height="100%" creationIndex="0">
>
>     <mx:Panel width="100%" height="100%">
>         <mx:HBox width="1000" height="2000"
> backgroundColor="#FFCC00"></mx:HBox>
>         <mx:ControlBar width="100%" height="50"></mx:ControlBar>
>     </mx:Panel>
> </mx:Application>

Niklas Richardson
Prismix Ltd