You have to create a variable of type Global somewhere in your code before you
can use the class variable x.

The Flash Builder compiler is "Smart". If you explicitly import a class but
then don't use it the compiler will not import the class. To do so would bloat
the code for something that is not used.

As x is a static variable (ie. class variable) you would need to use the class
to get access to x. ie. Global.x

After you create the variable you don't need to use that variable. In fact, the
variable will be null. Global will not appear in the Variables view as it is
not a variable - it is a class. To see x in debug you would need to create an
expression - Global.x