--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "valdhor" <valdhorlists@...> wrote:

> You have to create a variable of type Global somewhere in your code before
> you can use the class variable x.

valdhor: Thanks for that note.  I'd tried to boil the question to its essence.
In the real app, various static members of Global are used in various places.
However, your note did prompt me to add this field in the application
(tos.mxml):

    public static var global: Global = new Global

That produces an interesting result: tos.global.x in the Expressions view shows
me the data of interest, giving me a viable workaround.

But Global.x in the Expressions view produces the same result:
<error(s)_during_the_evaluation>