I'm writing a game. Well, actually I guess it's more of a game engine. I
want the game logic to be in a script.  The script will take the form of
a series of rooms, each of which can contain:

   . doors to other rooms
   . characters the player can interact with
   . things the player can pick up and use

Any of these can have conditions on them. The condition can be expressed as:
   . Player must have (thing) in his inventory
   . Player must have at least X points
   . Player must have at least $Y money
   . Call function "f"

That last seems to be a problem. I would like to be able to take a
function name I've read from the script and call the corresponding
function. Or, alternatively, the script can contain the name of a class
which must contain a method named (for example) conditionTest.

But I haven't figured out a way to convert a string to either a Function
or a Class.  Is there a way of doing this?  If I were working in
Javascript, I'd just call "eval", but that seems to be forbidden in AS3,
right?

Can I do this? Or do I have to put all the functions I might want to
call this way in an array, and look them up that way?  Or what?