From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Matt Chotin
Sent: Thu 27-Oct-05 11:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Big problem with OCX, Flash 8 release version

I'm now lost as to whether you're trying to uninstall the Flash 8 OCX or
install it or what.  But here's what I do:

Close IE (in fact close all your browsers for kicks)

Close Explorer, do not have any windows open showing folders that could
potentially embed IE

Open up a command shell (Start > Run > cmd)

cd c:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

regsvr32 /u Flash.ocx (this should disable the installed Flash Player
for IE, a dialog will say if it was successful)

If this fails you may want to reboot your computer and not launch any IE
or Explorer window before trying the above steps again.

Launch IE, see what happens, go to a Flash page and see if install
works.  If install fails to work you can close things down and try to
enable the OCX via windows.

regsvr32 Flash.ocx (from the same directory as before, a dialog will say
if it was successful)

Matt