Hola Daniel,

My advice is to use MXML for UI and Layout whenever possible. as jesse
suggests.. try and give it a ride, even if you are comfortable with
pure as coding as of today... here are some of the reasons off the top
of my head:

- MXML clearly represents the hierarchy of the components being defined
---- this makes it easier to imagine the layout while reading/writing the code
---- makes it easier (for you or other developer ) to locate a given
component after you've seen it's position on the rendered application.
---- makes it easy to cut and paste a portion of the UI when changing the layout
- doing this ( using MXML for UI and layout ) creates an implicit
organization within your code.
---- consider that it might be read by some other developer... he will
most probably start looking for a component in the MXML and, only if
he doesn't find it explicitly declared there, he would move the the AS
code in look for a dynamic instantiation. this second case is likely
to be harder, as he wouldn't really know where to start looking within
the ascript.
- MXML creates less verbose code ( less lines ). and less is always
better when you find yourself revisiting an old app after some time.

blabla...

best,
aldo