Hank,

Your comments are perfectly reasonable (and I'm not sure that any answer
would be satisfying).

I've spent most of my life working in large company/corporate environments.
>From my experience, some companies will embrace the trend we've been talking
about and have no problem with infrastructure (as you say). These companies
weren't the focus of my question.

Next come large companies for which infrastructure may or may not be there
(I have worked on very large projects where the only link to a customer site
has been via dial-up). Even large companies might not embrace the trend, but
might have been won over by our flexcoder friends.

Lastly, and probably the real focus of my query is putting Flex into a
company that doesn't have a big budget IT department or infrastructure, and
here there are the barriers I talked about - loss of connectivity (and
functionality) of a business critical App. Some of our flecoder friends
might have some interesting ideas/stories here.

So carry on commenting - I'm not arguing about the trend!

Paul