I just got to the point where I thought I knew what I was doing when I
did an install of Flex 1.5... and along comes v2.0, throwing me back
to feeling like a complete installation newbie.

Here's what I want to do:

- serve a dev site on localhost:80 with Apache (specifically,
WAMPserver 1.6)
- connect ColdFusion to serve .cfm's and .cfc's from the webroot (port 80)
- connect Flex 2.0 so that .mxml's are compiled at runtime (ala "old
school"... the "Compile application on the server when the page is
viewed" option), and well as be able to deploy generated .swf's from
FlexBuilder ("Compile application locally in Flex Builder")... again,
all out of the webroot on port 80
- set up FDS
- set up Cairngorm 2.0

My dev laptop isn't the beefiest thing on the block, so I'd like to go
easy on resources (multiple instances of JRUN or other J2EE server
probably would not be good).

To that end I installed WAMP and installed ColdFusion with the
integrated JRUN. That part works fine. But I'd like to deploy FDS
directly into the JRUN that was installed with ColdFusion, rather than
it's own separate beast. And the directory structure of the integrated
JRUN is unusual when compared to other app servers; I'm not even sure
where the deployment directory is, or how to map the various
directories in the few installation docs that I've found to their JRUN
counterparts.

One kicker, I think, to this whole scenario is the fact that I want it
all running off of port 80. While not essential, it would most closely
mirror our production environment.

Another kicker is massaging Apache to be able to serve .mxml files.
I'm not even sure how to do that. Seeing as how there's no "Flex
server" like there was with 1.5... what connector do I configure
Apache to send .mxml to? FDS? Or is this not even possible anymore?

Can anybody help with a step-by-step of "put this in this directory",
or provide a link to same?
Or does anyone have a better suggestion for creating a slim
(relatively) dev server with the above functionality?

Thanks in advance!
-Carl

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional