True indeed.

But when dealing with 100+ screens, surely not all view related logic
can be contained on a traditional Model.
I think Cairngorm leave alot of freedom in terms of how you implement
the view. DataBinding is an efficient way of updating the view with
business logic. But there is still the requirement of using a view
framework. The mx framework offers a awesome components and extending
the existing viewstack, box, etc, you can achieve good managable code.
But i think there are various view specific patterns to use
inconjuction with cairngorm.

A key flex advantage in my opinion is that used with cairngorm 2, the
difficulty of handling client data has been totally removed. This
leaves more time available for enhanced the view and providing Awesome
GUI's. I cant wait for Blaze and Robert Penner's AS3 Animation
contribution.

My current 100+ View Screen app that i'm working on is in AS2, i would
so love to be using AS3 instead.

Regards,
Bjorn

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ralf Bokelberg"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe the provided examples are a little bit misleading, because they
> are too simple. On the other hand, who is able to create an example
> with hundreds of views :)  But the point is, ModelLocator is just
> that, a locator  for the model and not the model itself. If you have a
> view or a group of views, which needs multiple properties of your
> model, you should create a class for that and add an instance of this
> class to the ModelLocator.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf.
>
> On 9/11/06, Tim Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > With views, the main thing to keep in mind is directory
> > organization.  Respectfully, I have a few differing ideas, than
> > Steven, when it comes to views.  But at Cairngorm's current
> > iteration, "all" state == model (local and common).  Organize the
> > actual view classes in functional directory groups; for easy
> > identification.  In the ModelLocator, bind the state of the views
> > accordingly.  With hundreds of views, you will probably want to
> > subclass the ModelLocator, into functional groups, to aid in
> > organization.  Ultimately, it boils down to each application's
> > requirements.  For me, I just try to keep things as simple and
> > maintainable as possible; even when endless local state variables
> > tend to clutter and complicate the ModelLocator.  I'm calling this
> > model happy. :)
> >
> > -TH
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Bjorn Schultheiss"
> > <bjorn.schultheiss@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Good Question and I hope this thread gets a lot of posts.
> > >
> > > Personally I don't think that the modelLocator is always upto the
> > job.
> > > Don't get me wrong, in a data-driven application this methodology
> > is
> > > beautiful,
> > > But my feeling is it will not satisfy all requirements.
> > >
> > > For example, say you have about 100 view states that are loaded in
> > and
> > > disposed of, at runtime, as required.
> > > I don't think the ModelLocator is up to the task.
> > > I think possibly a "ViewManager" of sorts is required that acts as
> > a middle
> > > tier between the Views and the ModelLocator.
> > >
> > > I don't have any concrete classes to show an example of what I
> > mean as I
> > > haven't developed such a solution as yet.
> > > But I am at the beginning of a project that will require such
> > consideration.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Bjorn Schultheiss
> > > Senior Flash Developer