Mike,
  Is there way to get standard libraries (framework, rpc, flex, etc) built with -debug=false
Thank you,
Anatole

On 9/28/06, Mike Morearty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The problem is with the way the player and the debugger initiate
their communication. Here's how it works when things are going well:

1. When you click Debug in Flex Builder, it starts listening on a
TCP/IP socket, and it launches your browser.

2. When the Flash Player notices that the SWF was built with -debug,
it tries to connect to the TCP/IP socket.

3. They are now connected, and debugging begins.

But what happens if, in step 2, the Flash Player's attempt to connect
to the TCP/IP socket fails? That is, what if no debugger is waiting
for incoming connections? The answer is, the Flash Player puts up
that message asking where the debugger is. That dialog was added
long ago to support remote debugging in Flash Professional.

In this case, unfortunately, the Flash Player isn't doing the right
thing. When the RSL gets loaded, the player sees that it was
compiled with -debug, so it tries to connect on the TCP/IP socket --
but since Flex Builder had no involvement in the loading of that RSL,
Flex Builder didn't know to start listening on the socket. So the
Flash Player can't find a debugger, so it puts up the dialog.

For a future release, I hope to improve this so that you get a
smoother workflow in scenarios such as the one you are describing.

- Mike Morearty
Flex Builder team
http://www.morearty.com/blog

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Carlos Rovira"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anatole, that's exactly my config :)
>
> But...don't you think that's strange? If I use debug button in FB2
I get it
> work in FF, but If I run application (not debug mode) I get that
dialog. I
> don't understand why this happen when using RSLs and not when using
an app
> without RSLs.
>
> Maybe I should compile RSLs with -debug=false but I think that's
imposible
> in FB2 dialogs
>
> Maybe I'm wrong?
>
> Thanks for your response Anatole.
>
> C.
>

> On 9/27/06, Anatole Tartakovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > looks like you are using debugging plugin in firefox and
production
> > release of player in IE
> >
> > Regards,
> > Anatole
> >

> > On 9/27/06, Carlos Rovira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I spend a few ours trying to find the cause of a weird
behaviour. I was
> > > trying to use RSLs in a project and when I test it in my
default browser
> > > (Firefox lastest version), a debug dialog comes. I found that
launching the
> > > app in IE does not have this problem, so I asume that is a
Firefox
> > > problem...someone knows how to avoid it?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ::| Carlos Rovira
> > > ::| http://www.carlosrovira.com