slangeberg wrote:
> John Dowdell wrote:
>> The search engines have looked inside static SWF for quite some time
>
> You'd have to tell me how that was done.

... it sounds like there's an "or else" left unsaid there.... ;-)

For "How did search engines look for text inside SWFs?" then Google
handrolled it, while others used Macromedia's kit to make it easy.

For "How can I prove to myself they read text inside SWF?" then try a
Google search on "address filetype:swf" or such.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd