Hello All,

As long as I've been coding Flex Apps (since 1.0 Beta), I've not had the
need to Dispatch Events manually, in addition to having the Controls
that receive the dispatched Events, reside on a different control (or in
a Remote Window)...

Could somebody really quick point me in the right direction, for a crash
course in Event Dispatching - as well as handling Scoping issues?

My present problem I'm trying to tackle is this:

I have a draggle Popup TitleWindow which displays Debugging information
while my application runs.  Using Cairngorm, I keep my Debug Messages in
a Text Variable (which obviously resides in my Model).

My debug TitleWindow's TextArea control, has it's Text Property bound to
the "model.debugMessages" variable.  This works beautifully - since when
my function kicks off, it appends the new debug information (plus a
carriage return) to the TextArea.

The problem is, the TextArea doesn't "auto scroll" to the bottom
whenever new text is added to the control.  Being a programmer
interested in debug messages, I am primarily interested in the LATEST
debug information.

With that said, I am trying to dispatch an Event, to have the TextArea
auto scroll to the very bottom, anytime there is new Text added.  I know
the Property name that I must change, but I need to find out how to make
the Dispatched Event, get disseminated across the application, to the
Debug Window control.  I know I could simple listen for the "change"
event locally to the DebugWindow Control, but I need to find out how to
trigger this manually.

Could any of you help me out regarding this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

Mike