ecpmaz wrote:
> ... and that without passing by the server :S
>
> I don't know if my question is stupid.. but all I've been able to do
> till now was to send as a POST var my bytes to my server to assemble
> them, and send them back to the user as a JPEG...
>
> It seems not to be an optimal solution, do you have any solution ?

For a cross-browser solution that you can immediately deploy today,
you'll need to round-trip them to your server since there isn't a
out-of-the-box solution for saving arbitrary bytes from within the
player to their local filesystem.

However, the soon-to-be-released Apollo is slated to support local
filesystem access, so if you can wait for that and can deploy your
application as a desktop application, that might suit you.

Alternatively, for those browsers that support the data URI, you could
use Javascript as a bridge and pass the bytes to your JPEG over to it in
Base64-encoded format, and then create a data URI link from which the
user can "download" the file off of the HTML page.  Before you get
overly excited about going down this route though, keep in mind that
data URIs aren't supported by Internet Explorer, among other browsers.

See:

   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2397
   http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/cgi/data/data

Jim