From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com on behalf of sid_flex
Sent: Fri 3/9/2007 7:07 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Pagination using Flex Data Management Service

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

I assume that by "paging from client to server" you mean that the client
gets results fragment by fragment, based on the visible data. For
example, if my datagrid shows 8 rows and my paging is set to 5 rows, the
datagrid will only get the first two packages of data. In this example
10 rows. When scrolling down by one row at a time, the client retrieves
the next package as soon as we reach the 11th row. Correct?

Given the current FSD implementation and your suggestion to implement
server-side pagination using a fill parameter, the implementation using
FDS will probably the same as the implementation you would code for
RemoteObjects. Why not use RemoteObjects instaed of FDS?

Best regards,

Sieto

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jeff
Vroom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you have one large ArrayCollection on the client which you want
> load a page at a time, FDS currently only supports paging from client
> server. The fill method currently must return all items from the
> database. This is something we'd like to address in a future release.
>

> To implement a page at a time ArrayCollection, you can simply pass in
> the page index as a fill parameter and then code it just to return the
> number of items asked for. One trick folks sometimes use is to return
> one more item than they display so that you can tell when you have hit
> the end of the list.
>

> Jeff
>

> ________________________________
>
> From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
On
> Behalf Of sid_flex
> Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:51 AM
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [flexcoders] Pagination using Flex Data Management Service
>

> Hello,
>
> Pagination using Flex FDS should be simple. Nevertheless i'ts hard
> finding examples of succesfull implementations using pagination with
> Flex Data Management Service.
>
> Configuring the destination is eaasy. For example:
> <destination id="product">
> <adapter ref="java-dao" />
>
> <properties>
> <source>flex.testdrive.store.ProductAssembler</source>
> <scope>application</scope>
>
> <metadata>
> <identity property="productId! "/>
> </metadata>
>
> <network>
> <session-timeout>11</session-timeout>
> <paging enabled="true" pageSize="5" />
> <throttle-inbound policy="ERROR" max-frequency="500"/>
> <throttle-outbound policy="REPLACE"
> max-frequency="500"/>
> </network>
> </properties>
> &! nbsp; </destination>
>
> But what's the ! intended way to navigate through the pages returned?
> (Or is pagination only intended for optimised network trafic and will
> the result of ds.fill() always return the full result of the fill()
> method?)
>
> I'm looking for the best "next page", "previous page", "last page",
> "first page" solution using FDS.
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Sieto