Yes, when I deploy the application on the gateway server it works.

On 18 Apr 2007 05:41:13 -0700, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   That's because the file system really isn't a domain.  AllowDomain
doesn't really help in this situation.  I would expect your gateway server
to force you to import load the modules into the same security domain.  Does
it actually work when deployed the way you want it?

 ------------------------------
*From:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On
Behalf Of *bjorn -
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:20 AM
*To:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
*Subject:* Re: [flexcoders] Problem with loading module --
mx.core::LayoutContainer could not be found.

Yeah, it seems the file system is pretty tricky. I can't load from it even
though I have ...

this in my application:

   public function init():void
   {
       Security.allowDomain("*");

       Security.loadPolicyFile("http://localhost/crossdomain.xml ");
       var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("
http://localhost/crossdomain.xml";);
       var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
       loader.load (request);
    }

this in my module (gets called by initialize)

  public function initMod(e:Event):void {
    Security.allowDomain("*");
   }

.. and this crossdomain.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "
http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd ">
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

.. still no luck.

Relative url's can't be used, as I need to load modules through the
gateway server. Of course, I can publish to and run my app from the server
everytime I compile, but it slows down the development process.

Best regards,
Bjørn

On 17 Apr 2007 05:54:37 -0700, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I think it is because localhost is not the same domain as the file
> system, and you can't load modules across domains without import loading
> them.  You might be better off loading via relative urls instead of
> absolute.
>
>  ------------------------------

file:///C:/dev/FlexWorkspace/MyApp/build/MyApp-debug.html
>  ) - while trying to load the module from a server (localhost). I don't
> see why it should be a problem though.
>
> As for the security error (here's another one for Google) - it's: "SWF
> is not a loadable module" ...
>
> The event:
>
> e = mx.events.ModuleEvent (@414ad61)
>  bubbles = false
>  bytesLoaded = 0
>  bytesTotal = 0
>  cancelable = false
>  currentTarget = ModuleManager.as$20.ModuleInfoProxy (@3ecec81)
>  errorText = "SWF is not a loadable module"
>  eventPhase = 2
>  module = ModuleManager.as$20.ModuleInfoProxy (@3ecec81)
>  target = ModuleManager.as$20.ModuleInfoProxy (@3ecec81)
>  type = "error"
>

> Best regards,
> Bjørn
>
> On 16 Apr 2007 18:03:09 -0700, Robert Cadena < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> > Glad I could help. Just cause I'm curious:
> > - do you have a crossdomain at the root of your localhost server?
> > - is your parent app not loaded from the same domain (localhost)?
> > - you are doing this with the swf player, maybe on the browser or by
> > running the swf directly, not in apollo, right?
> >
> > you might want to add eventListeners to the moduleinfo just to see
> > what
> > the exact security error is. Put a breakpoing on the function that
> > handles SecurityError and see what the error message is.
> >
> > best of luck.
> >
> > /r
> > http://www.searchcoders.com/flex/search/module
> > http://www.laflex.org/ - Los Angeles Flex Users Group
> >
> > bjorn - wrote:
> > > Robert, thanks for leading me onto the correct path :-) The problem
> > has to
> > > do with security. If I set the module url to a local path (c:\..)
> > > instead of
> > > localhost, I'm able to load it.
> > >
> > > Strange error message for security issues, don't you think? Well,
> > now it's
> > > soon on Google at the least.
> > >
> > > - Bjørn
> > >

> > > On 16 Apr 2007 10:10:50 -0700, Robert Cadena <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]<robert%40searchcoders.com>

--