root? That doesn't seem right to me.

Best regards,
Bjørn

On 17 Apr 2007 06:00:57 -0700, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   Could you be linking the main app against a 2.0 framework.swc?  You
need to link against 2.0.1.

Also, normally you -load-externs against classes in the main app and not
from some package.

-Alex

 ------------------------------
*From:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On
Behalf Of *bjorn -
*Sent:* Monday, April 16, 2007 1:14 AM
*To:* flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
*Subject:* [flexcoders] Problem with loading module --
mx.core::LayoutContainer could not be found.

Hi guys,

I've got a simple text module which looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Module xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml " layout="absolute">
    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[

            import com.myapp.MyEventDispatcher;
            import com.myapp.MyTestEvent ;

            public function callSomethingInMainApp(e:Event): void
            {
                var event:MyTestEvent= new MyTestEvent();
                MyEventDispatcher.getInstance().dispatchEvent( event );

            }
        ]]>
    </mx:Script>
 <mx:HBox>
  <mx:DateChooser x="10" y="10"/>
 </mx:HBox>

</mx:Module>

I compile it with the -load-externs option to not include the classes I
use from " com.myapp"

However, when I try to load the module from my main application, this
error is thrown:

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class mx.core::LayoutContainer could not be
found.
 at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
 at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::deferredNextFrame()
 at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::update ()
 at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::moduleCompleteHandler()

Anyone know what might cause this? Googling the error didn't help me much

http://www.juicability.com - flex blog
http://www.43min.com - funny movies

--