I get this too when using all kinds of plugins and perspectives, running the
Tomcat plugin adds to this too.  Besides raising the memory settings try:
1) close all perspectives not currently in use. there can be only one!  hehe
2) window > preferences > General   and check show heap status.  This will
enable a heap status monitor in the lower left corner by default.  You can
mash the garbage can to force a GC at will.
3) get eclipse updates, occasionally the updates are performance related,
eh?

DK

On 4/24/07, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   >> I can't believe you are getting it with 1300!

Well…unfortunately, I am getting it (about a dozen times a day). At the
same time the VM size of the javaw executable never comes close to this
1300Mb. I am clueless and frustrated but not a lot of people seem to run
into the same issue so I must assume it is something specific to my setup or
way of working. I just wish I knew in what direction to look for that
specific characteristic. I am sure I would be more than happy to get rid of
it, if it would keep Eclipse running.