I think you are right that .NET support should be there, although I am
not a .NET developer and probably never will be. I wonder if Microsoft
could develop this solution? In theory they would have the best
resources to understand .NET and enough people have figured out the
protocols used in FDS that they should be able to develop this.

Anyway, the big flaw in your argument is that Adobe doesn't need to
built the solution when there is one on the market already.

Paul